Season 1, Episode 7: November 15, 2020
We’ll explore the career of legendary director, author, and WNY native George Abbott, featuring songs from many of the Broadway shows he helped create.
This week’s guest is Mary Bellanti. Mary has made many appearances in Opera House productions including My Fair Lady (Mrs. Higgins), Sister Act (Mother Superior), Baby (Ensemble), Anything Goes (Mrs. Harcourt), and the annual favorite, The Night Before Christmas (Mrs. Claus).
THIS WEEK'S RECIPES
- 8 oz lo mein egg noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or more, to taste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha or more, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and Sriracha; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper, and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in snow peas and spinach until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in egg noodles and soy sauce mixture, and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.